Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Husbands and Wives

The following was written a couple months back for our family newsletter. We plan on doing our newsletter now about once a year, perhaps around Thanksgiving or Hanukkah. Although it might be considered old, news-wise, I still get a chuckle whenever I think about it.

My husband can be a man of few words. This is funny irony because my main love language is words (see The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate by Gary Chapman). So last night while we were getting ready to meet relatives for dinner, I glammed it up a little extra with the outfit, hair, and makeup because I get tired of just grubbing around in sweats and a pony tail all day. My husband gave me the highest compliment anyone has ever given to me. He said, “You look model-y”.

“Husbands, love your wives as Messiah loved the Body and gave himself up for her.” -Ephesians 5:25.

No comments: