Monday, July 14, 2008

Go Mom's Club!

I just love our Moms Club (of Patterson). The women are involved, caring, creative, accepting, and they don't want to be merely a social club, but they want to get involved in helping our community, including those less fortunate. I joined the group not too long ago, but so far we have been to playgroups with other children my son's age, we have joined an exercise group akin to stroller moms, and we have made new friends in our new town. We keep in touch throughout the week through discussion boards and emails. We share helpful info, support for eachother, and we are becoming a strong community presence in Patterson, which, if you have heard the news outta here recently, is a necessary thing. This town has a huge percentage of young people and I can think of no better way, coupled with prayer, to help guide the youth in the right path and shape the future of our community than banning together with other moms with like values and truly becoming a community.

There is also another mom's group in Patterson. One would think that the two groups would regress to catty competition and meanness. Although I do not know the history of the 2 groups, I can say right now, there is a spirit of reaching out and becoming untied in the Mom's Club toward this other group, working together to become a strong positive force in our town.

As a stay at home mom of a baby in a new town, I used to feel very alone and disconnected. Now I feel like this is home. I feel like I have a purpose here. :)

That's all for now.

No comments: