Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mazel Tov to the Happy Couple

This weekend, a very good friend of mine will be getting married. It would not be an understatement to say it will be the wedding of the century.

I have known my friend for exactly 10 years now. It is fitting that she should get married in 2008, for the number 8 is the number of new beginnings. We were prayer partners for many years, praying out the heart of God for Israel and the Jewish people. We used to meet every Friday eveniing at her apartment and pray. We became great friends. We saw each other through many hard times and also through many joyous occassions. If there was ever a person I knew who was totally sold out for the Lord, living her life only for Him, it was this friend. She was also the last person I ever thought would get married. So content with her life, she seemed to me like the Apostle Shaul(Paul) in that she devoted her whole life to serving God and surrendered everything, even the prospect of finding a mate, to Him.

Now she is getting married. We love her fiance. He is an excellent Jewish believer in the Messiah. Spent most of his life here in the valley. They even knew some of the same people. Running in similar circles, their paths could have crossed several times. Yet it was bashert (destiny) for them to meet this year and marry. They will be making their vows before God here at my home under the huppah (wedding canopy). And I will be standing with her as she takes this monumental step. What an honor.

I am so thrilled and full of joy for my friend. I bless her with every good thing this side of Heaven. Mazel tov (best wishes) to the happy couple!

No comments: