Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy 60th Birthday, Israel!

Happy 60th birthday to Israel who, 60 years ago, officially became a nation. This after 2 exiles, the loss and then the re-emergence of the Hebrew language, and untold persecution. The Jews are the only people group that has been miraculously preserved in such a way. They became a nation after the awful Holocaust which sent millions of them to the concentration camps and ultimately to the gas chambers. Thank God He saved a remnant of his chosen people and gave them a homeland.
"Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment?"- Isaiah 66:8

I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you. - Genesis 12:2-3

No comments: