Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween

My husband and I were recently driving through our neighborhood and saw all the various Halloween decorations that were up. Have you noticed how they have gotten way more gruesome just in the last couple of years? Anyway, we just don't happen to celebrate Halloween- I personally know for a fact that witches and warlocks and devils DO exist and I just don't feel like making it seem like "fun" for kids, thus desensitizing them to their reality. Other people might not feel the same way and I respect their opinion at the same time hoping they would respect mine.

My husband, who has a penchant for coming up with just the wisest thing to say at the right time quipped, "When Benjamin is older and he asks why we don't celebrate Halloween, I think I will tell him, 'because we worship the God of the living....not the dead'".

**

No comments: