Monday, December 1, 2008

Secret Sister Revealed

Today our Moms Club had the "Secret Sister" reveal party. Boy was I surprised to find out who my secret sister was! (I had no clue~ I thought it was somebody else).

Here is how Secret Sister works: at the beginning of the 4 month period, you fill out a questionnaire about yourself and give it to the moderator. Then each person draws a name. You secretly gift that person every month for the duration (there is a spending limit, although I have to admit, I went slightly over a couple times!) Since we live in a small town, it is easy to secretly leave the gift on your sister's doorstep or you can get a cohort to help you. I tried to throw my person off my trail by actually delivering her gift to her face to face one time (today she confessed she questioned if it was me or not when I left..oh well!). Then we gave eachother the last gift today at the reveal party. It was so much fun.

My sister which I gifted told me she loved the gifts I gave her. She had tears in her eyes as she thanked me. She went through a very stressful season during this whole thing and she was very touched by the things I left for her and she said each one was very "timely". Oh goodie! I am so glad, because, as I told her this morning.....I prayed and asked God before I gave her each gift what would bless her the most at each time. And boy did He answer!!

**

No comments: