Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Things

I have seen a few of my friends' 25 lists and have enjoyed each one and learning things about my friends which I did not know. I will attempt to do likewise. Please feel free to leave me your list in the comments section!

1. I collect fat chefs for my kitchen.

2. I met my husband online. I kept him in the "friend" category for a year because I felt we didn't have "chemistry". We were engaged 3 and a half months.

3. I met Princess Fergie (the real one, not the pop singer) when I was in England in 1990.

4. My favorite of all plants and flowers is the weeping willow tree.

5. I think my husband looks like a cross between Steve Martin and Robin Williams.

6. I nicknamed my son "Cherry Bean" when I was pregnant because the online tracker said he was between the size of a coffee bean and a cherry.

7. I left Bible college because of anti-semitism.

8. When I was young, I was too overweight to fit into Guess jeans.

9. My mom was a radio disc jockey for around 20 years. Consequently, I know the lyrics to many of the classic rock songs of the 70's and 80's.

10. I went skydiving twice when I was 18. Understanding what I understand now about the immutable spiritual laws of the universe, I look back on that in sheer terror knowing had I fallen and died, I would have been looking at the wrong side of the pearly gates. But the experience in itself was fun.

11. If I were stranded on an island, (I'd like to think) I could live on chocolate and egg nog.

12. While teenagers, my brother and I could look at eachother and know what the other was thinking. We still can to a certain degree.

13. I hate raspberries. Even the smell makes me sick to my stomach.

14. My family (mom's side) has their own language based upon a combination of baby-talk and comic routines from the 1980's.

15. My first Cabbage Patch doll was a boy my father bought from a co-worker during the "rage". I later got a girl. Both had brown hair and brown eyes. I "knew" they were adopted from the Soviet Union. My son looks a lot like the boy doll did. Many of my son's ancestors are from Russia.

16. I like to go grocery shopping.

17. I helped Jews escape persecution in Russia in 1998.

18. I love to have my hair played with and have even fallen asleep at the hairdresser's.

19. Dennis Prager IS my intellectual hero.

20. I can sing (but I can only sing really WELL in Hebrew).

21. My father's grandfather looked like Geronimo (Native American). I've only seen him in pictures.

22. I have written 3 plays (none of them spectacular), a handful of poems, and a short story. Of all, the short story was the best~ it was based on my family told from a child's point of view. I had 1 poem published. It was the worst of them all.

23. I am a sucker for a good sense of humor.

24. I saw a vision of my wedding day before it came to pass. (what positions we would be standing in-before I knew what a Jewish wedding looked like-and what my groom would be wearing). It was right on.

25. I so want to learn how to crochet.

**

No comments: