Friday, September 5, 2008

Walking

I haven't been writing posts this past week because there have been quite a few changes in the Blackman household to adjust to lately.

Benjamin is walking! He is still a little wobbly and falls down frequently, but he is sooo excited. He smiles and laughs when he can make it several steps to Mommy or Daddy or to the reclining chair. We are excited for him too and encourage him whenever he wants to "practice" (which isn't practicing at all, but actually just doing it).

The down side of this is that now that he's reached this milestone, he has a lot of night waking. I read that it is very normal for them to wake up at night with all the excitement, mixed with some fear. I know he is just "checking in" with mommy, because he does so more often during the day too and wants more cuddle time, etc. For the affirmation, I think. The result is Mommy is not getting very much sleep and therefore not getting much done during the day. : )

Oh well, these days will pass by all too quickly and I better enjoy them before they vanish away into a scrapbook somewhere. So all my writing projects are put on hold for the mean time.

Gotta go. There is a little person tugging at my leg!

*

No comments: