Friday, June 26, 2009

Pregnant

I have been away from blogging the last couple of months because I have been very busy with an almost 2 year old explorer and battling morning sickness. We found out we are expecting our second child the beginning of Jan. (or more like the end of Dec). Fatigue, nausea, weight gain, and just plain ol regular life can make it to where the idea of writing a blog just doesn't make it to the top of the priority list sometimes.

Nevertheless, we are excited. I think it will be a girl, but I have been wrong before. (and pleasantly surprised!) There are some boys' name that I am fond of, but not inspired by. There are a couple of girls' names that I like, but only one I am inspired by. Nevertheless, the Bible says a good name is better to be desired than riches. And knowing that God had a hand in naming me, I do pray about what to name our baby. Because I believe that a person's name is significant concerning their prophetic destiny...their character, or what they will accomplish in life for the Kingdom of God.

The sonogram yesterday (day before yesterday? It is 3 am) for Down's Syndrome came back negative. Not that I would be dismayed even if our baby had D.S. It would not change my love for it. However, it was part of the screening and Kaiser was paying for it, so I figured, why not. This and I thought there was a possibility they could determine the sex (they couldn't...it was too early to tell). Besides, who would pass up every opportunity to peek at their child hidden in the womb?- after all, even Tom Cruise bought his pregnant wife a sonogram machine so they could see their infant in utero!

So I sit here in the middle of the night at the computer....gotta love those pregnancy hormones!- hoping I will get a couple more hours of sleep at least, before my son wakes me up for our eventful, fun filled day. Warm milk helps me. And a good- ol fashioned midnight snack doesn't hurt either.

*

No comments: